Troop 139 has been hard at work serving our community! The following list is a great indication of how the scouts are giving back to our community:
May 2013 Memorial Day Service. Troop 139 helped the local veterans set up and assist at the Sisters Memorial Day Service. The event is generally held outdoors at the Village Green Park, but was moved to the Community Church due to incliment weather.
September 15, 2012 – Sisters Preparedness Fair. Scouts from Troop 139 supported the Sisters Emergency Preparedness Fair with a booth showing visitors basics of scouting and how to tie knots.
May 26, 2012 – Memorial Day Service. Scouts from Troop 139 assisted the Veterans with setting up for the Memorial Day Service, presenting a wreath during the ceremony, and helping out with food and cleaning the park following the service. Our gratitude goes to the Veterans who have served our country.
April 27-29, 2012 – Whychus Creek Portal Restoration. The scouts of Troop 139 provided over 240 hours of labor which included seeding, tree planting, restoration of old roads, sign installation and trail construction in the new Whychus Creek Wild and Scenic Area.
December 21-22, 2011 – Sisters Food Bank – assisted with distribution of food.
- November 10, 2011 – Veterans Day Programs. Scouts from Troop 139 presented and retrieved flags during the Middle School and High School assemblies, as well as the evening Veterans Day Community program.
- August 30, 2011 – Assisted Webelos with gathering food for the Sisters Food Bank.
- August 27, 2011 – Presented colors for the Deschutes County Republican Round-up meeting.
- August 20, 2011 – Red Cross Emergency Preparedness Day – conducted door-to-door outreach to community.
- July-Aug 2011 –Troop 139 is assisting the local Veterans in finding a suitable rock for a new memorial at the Village Green Park.
- June 17, 2011 – Red Cross Meeting – attended meeting for community disaster preparation.
- June 14, 2011 – Squaw Creek Fire Hall – raked pine needles around substation.
- May 30, 2011 – Memorial Day Service – assisted with set-up and take down, general clean up, and assisted with program as requested by veterans.
- May 22, 2011 -La Pine State Park- raked pine needles and picked up trash in park during the District Spring Camporee.
- April 2, 2011 – Veterans Chili Feed – assisted with chili feed at the Community Church.